Sunday, December 2, 2007

Holiday gift projects

I have been knitting and crocheting up a storm! Next year I'll try to start my gift knitting early, but right now I am showing off my mad procrastination skillz. Despite that, I have several gifts done or nearly done, including:

1. A few crocheted snoflakes
2. Dad's knitted gray scarf
3. Brian and Cameron's decorative pillow covers (gotta sew them together still, but the crocheting is done)
4. Naomi's jewel toned gift (she sees this blog, so I don't want to give a lot away)

I started Mom's cabled scarf that I designed myself. It's reversible and I'll post the pattern as soon as I write it up. I'm not a design diva and I'm not anticipating anyone actually making this besides me, but having the pattern written out and published somewhere is a good thing. I spend valuable minutes designing that scarf and I want the copyright!

All I have to do after Mom's scarf is make something for my sister. The one who freaked when I told her I was dying my hair blue. The one who has (to me, at least) become an insufferable square. Hmmm, square.....I can crochet her a small lap blanket with granny squares and tell her why I did it. Hee hee hee.

I also have to do more snowflakes and starch them to hell and gone. And I got some 2 inch metal rings that I can single crochet tightly around to make little wreaths. The ornaments won't take long at all, though. If I can get the family projects done quickly, the ornaments will be done shortly thereafter.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. This will be my first holiday making a lot of knitted/crocheted gifts and I am determined that they will be done to my satisfaction. I can do it, I know I can!

No comments: